golf-forums.net
Promoting golf discussion.

Main
Date: 23 Apr 2007 02:30:13
From: Luke
Subject: FedEx Cup
Will the $10 million FedEx Cup champion's bonus
count towards determining the Tour's leading
money winner?






 
Date: 23 Apr 2007 04:39:15
From: cja
Subject: Re: FedEx Cup
On Apr 23, 7:36 am, "sfb" <s...@spam.net > wrote:
> My recollection is that the $10M prize is an annuity at the player's request
> as one of those income averaging things.
>
Do you mean the winner has a choice, or the players committee voted to
make it an annuity? I figured the Tour didn't want to fork over that
much cash at once.







  
Date: 23 Apr 2007 08:07:57
From: sfb
Subject: Re: FedEx Cup
Players plural. The PGA Tour is a membership organization run by the
players. Finchem et al technically work for the players.

"cja" <cja@excite.com > wrote in message
news:1177328355.568474.241990@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com...
> On Apr 23, 7:36 am, "sfb" <s...@spam.net> wrote:
>> My recollection is that the $10M prize is an annuity at the player's
>> request
>> as one of those income averaging things.
>>
> Do you mean the winner has a choice, or the players committee voted to
> make it an annuity? I figured the Tour didn't want to fork over that
> much cash at once.
>
>
>
>
>




 
Date: 23 Apr 2007 04:26:11
From: cja
Subject: Re: FedEx Cup
On Apr 22, 9:07 pm, Darrell Jefress <eve...@tokyo.com > wrote:
> On 4/22/2007 1:45 PM, in article
> kbWdnf4vDeXHVLbbnZ2dneKdnZydn...@comcast.com, "Luke" <luke...@comcast.net>
> wrote:
>
> > Will the $10 million FedEx Cup champion's bonus
> > count towards determining the Tour's leading
> > money winner?
>
> Nope - bonus money for the FedEx Cup will be considered the same as those
> bonuses for the "West Coast Swing" or the "Fall Finish" - it's a nice bonus,
> and it all spends, but it's not official money.
>
Besides that, it's an annuity, so the winner doesn't get it all at
once.

- cja






  
Date: 24 Apr 2007 21:57:22
From: \R&B\
Subject: Re: FedEx Cup
"cja" <cja@excite.com > wrote in message
news:1177327571.215120.196460@l77g2000hsb.googlegroups.com...
> On Apr 22, 9:07 pm, Darrell Jefress <eve...@tokyo.com> wrote:
>> On 4/22/2007 1:45 PM, in article
>> kbWdnf4vDeXHVLbbnZ2dneKdnZydn...@comcast.com, "Luke"
>> <luke...@comcast.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Will the $10 million FedEx Cup champion's bonus
>> > count towards determining the Tour's leading
>> > money winner?
>>
>> Nope - bonus money for the FedEx Cup will be considered the same as those
>> bonuses for the "West Coast Swing" or the "Fall Finish" - it's a nice
>> bonus,
>> and it all spends, but it's not official money.
>>
> Besides that, it's an annuity, so the winner doesn't get it all at
> once.
>
> - cja


Right, paid out at $10 a year for one million years.

Good luck collecting.

Randy




  
Date: 23 Apr 2007 21:05:47
From: MoiMoi
Subject: Re: FedEx Cup
In article <1177327571.215120.196460@l77g2000hsb.googlegroups.com >,
cja@excite.com says...
> On Apr 22, 9:07 pm, Darrell Jefress <eve...@tokyo.com> wrote:
> > On 4/22/2007 1:45 PM, in article
> > kbWdnf4vDeXHVLbbnZ2dneKdnZydn...@comcast.com, "Luke" <luke...@comcast.net>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Will the $10 million FedEx Cup champion's bonus
> > > count towards determining the Tour's leading
> > > money winner?
> >
> > Nope - bonus money for the FedEx Cup will be considered the same as those
> > bonuses for the "West Coast Swing" or the "Fall Finish" - it's a nice bonus,
> > and it all spends, but it's not official money.
> >
> Besides that, it's an annuity, so the winner doesn't get it all at
> once.
>
> - cja

I can find NOwhere that the prize money is stated as being an annuity.
From FedEx Cup home:
FedExCup Bonus Structure
"The FedExCup will award a total of $35 million in bonus money at the
conclusion of the Playoffs including $10 million to the FedExCup
Champion, the largest single bonus payout in sports."

Perhaps you are thinking of the Charles Schwab Cup on the Senior Tour,
all the prizes of which ARE annuities on the principal amount.

MM


   
Date: 23 Apr 2007 22:45:22
From: sfb
Subject: Re: FedEx Cup
Googleing "FedEx Annuity" gets lots of news stories like this one
http://www.golfdigest.com/newsandtour/index.ssf?/newsandtour/gw20061229fedexprimer.html

"MoiMoi" <moimoi@example.com > wrote in message
news:MPG.209721f915ba3ba4989762@news.individual.net...
> In article <1177327571.215120.196460@l77g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,
> cja@excite.com says...
>> On Apr 22, 9:07 pm, Darrell Jefress <eve...@tokyo.com> wrote:
>> > On 4/22/2007 1:45 PM, in article
>> > kbWdnf4vDeXHVLbbnZ2dneKdnZydn...@comcast.com, "Luke"
>> > <luke...@comcast.net>
>> > wrote:
>> >
>> > > Will the $10 million FedEx Cup champion's bonus
>> > > count towards determining the Tour's leading
>> > > money winner?
>> >
>> > Nope - bonus money for the FedEx Cup will be considered the same as
>> > those
>> > bonuses for the "West Coast Swing" or the "Fall Finish" - it's a nice
>> > bonus,
>> > and it all spends, but it's not official money.
>> >
>> Besides that, it's an annuity, so the winner doesn't get it all at
>> once.
>>
>> - cja
>
> I can find NOwhere that the prize money is stated as being an annuity.
> From FedEx Cup home:
> FedExCup Bonus Structure
> "The FedExCup will award a total of $35 million in bonus money at the
> conclusion of the Playoffs including $10 million to the FedExCup
> Champion, the largest single bonus payout in sports."
>
> Perhaps you are thinking of the Charles Schwab Cup on the Senior Tour,
> all the prizes of which ARE annuities on the principal amount.
>
> MM




    
Date: 24 Apr 2007 19:46:22
From: MoiMoi
Subject: Re: FedEx Cup
In article <qPOdnQNvoKDZ8rDbnZ2dnUVZ_gWdnZ2d@comcast.com >, sfb@spam.net
says...
> Googleing "FedEx Annuity" gets lots of news stories like this one
> http://www.golfdigest.com/newsandtour/index.ssf?/newsandtour/gw20061229fedexprimer.html

Aha.
I stand corrected (and humbled and apologetic and hang dog and ...)

MM


  
Date: 23 Apr 2007 07:36:07
From: sfb
Subject: Re: FedEx Cup
My recollection is that the $10M prize is an annuity at the player's request
as one of those income averaging things.

"cja" <cja@excite.com > wrote in message
news:1177327571.215120.196460@l77g2000hsb.googlegroups.com...
> On Apr 22, 9:07 pm, Darrell Jefress <eve...@tokyo.com> wrote:
>> On 4/22/2007 1:45 PM, in article
>> kbWdnf4vDeXHVLbbnZ2dneKdnZydn...@comcast.com, "Luke"
>> <luke...@comcast.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Will the $10 million FedEx Cup champion's bonus
>> > count towards determining the Tour's leading
>> > money winner?
>>
>> Nope - bonus money for the FedEx Cup will be considered the same as those
>> bonuses for the "West Coast Swing" or the "Fall Finish" - it's a nice
>> bonus,
>> and it all spends, but it's not official money.
>>
> Besides that, it's an annuity, so the winner doesn't get it all at
> once.
>
> - cja
>
>
>
>




 
Date: 22 Apr 2007 21:18:59
From: sfb
Subject: Re: FedEx Cup
Didn't you get the memo? The Fed Ex Cup is supposed to make the leading
money winner just another meaningless statistic.

"Luke" <luke451@comcast.net > wrote in message
news:kbWdnf4vDeXHVLbbnZ2dneKdnZydnZ2d@comcast.com...
> Will the $10 million FedEx Cup champion's bonus
> count towards determining the Tour's leading
> money winner?
>




 
Date: 22 Apr 2007 18:07:11
From: Darrell Jefress
Subject: Re: FedEx Cup
On 4/22/2007 1:45 PM, in article
kbWdnf4vDeXHVLbbnZ2dneKdnZydnZ2d@comcast.com, "Luke" <luke451@comcast.net >
wrote:

> Will the $10 million FedEx Cup champion's bonus
> count towards determining the Tour's leading
> money winner?
>
>
Nope - bonus money for the FedEx Cup will be considered the same as those
bonuses for the "West Coast Swing" or the "Fall Finish" - it's a nice bonus,
and it all spends, but it's not official money.

DJJ